Territory Natural Resource Management (TNRM) Conference 2016

Title

Post date: Body:

Congratulations to Daisy Lippiatt and Shannon Burchert who were sponsored by the Northern Territory  Airports Pty LTD to attend the 2016 TNRM conference and Gala Dinner.

Also congratulations to Simone Walton and Doug Wade who were sponsored by the School of Environment to attend a field workshop and the presentation day respectively at the TNRM Conference for 2016.

This is a very interesting and useful conference to attend and provides a fantastic opportunity to hear about the latest NRM activities across the NT and to grow networks and meet practitioners.

Big thanks to NT Airports and SEnv for providing these opportunities for students. There may be similar opportunities to attend the TNRM 2017 Conference so keep an eye out for this opportunity being advertised in the SEnv Digest next year. 

Daisy Lippiatt            Shannon Burchert                              Simone Walton                              Doug Wade

Testimonials:

Daisy Lippiatt - I have just completed Bachelor of Environmental Science at CDU, and will commence my honours in 2017.  CDU awarded me a full conference registration, in which I participated in three workshops, the presentation day and NTNRM Gala Dinner. The workshops I attended covered key aspects of project management, such as background methodology, collecting data effectively to obtain specified outcomes and how to communicate those outcomes effectively to the community. Skills gained from these workshops will contribute directly to my honours. Employees and stakeholders of NT NRM participated in all events, which offered great networking opportunities. The presentations addressed current issues and innovative resolutions currently in progress, which has inspired me to think ‘outside the square’ moving forward.

Shannon Burchert - I recently completed a Bachelor of Science (Honours) following my Bachelor of Environmental Science at Charles Darwin University. I am currently working for the Department of Primary Industry and Resources at the Darwin Aquaculture Centre and was supported by Northern Territory Airports to attend this year’s Northern Territory Natural Resource Management Conference and Gala dinner. The experience of being able to attend a conference in my area of study was amazing and I would encourage students next year to seek out such opportunities to develop their professional skills. From the field day at the Territory Wildlife Park learning about community engagement, to the half-day workshops on cross-cultural mentoring and monitoring and evaluation, I met some inspiring people working on projects that I would have never had known about prior to the conference. From this experience, I take away new contacts, new ideas and a knowledge base of current projects.