The Northern Australia Hub will focus on the terrestrial, freshwater and estuarine ecosystems of the northern savanna landscapes. Much of the research has an adaptive “catchment to coast” planning and management framework.
The Hub will address:
- gaps in our understanding of biodiversity patterns;
- support adaptive planning to respond to current and emerging threats;
- develop effective methods for monitoring and reporting on biodiversity and ecosystem health;
- determine the benefits derived from community-based natural resource management; and
- identify opportunities to support Indigenous livelihoods.